Conflicting definitions for network

Dear forum,
I am trying to import a station into the inventory using scconfig, and I get the following message:

C Conflicting definitions for network IP / 1980-01-01T00:00:00
Defined in /home/sysop/seiscomp/etc/inventory/2864.xml and
/home/sysop/seiscomp/etc/inventory/STDV.xml
Network [IP][1980-01-01T00:00:00.0000Z]
description: “Joao Fonseca” != “Joao Fonseca, IST”
archive: " " != “IST”
Parsing /home/sysop/seiscomp/etc/inventory/2864.xml … done
Parsing /home/sysop/seiscomp/etc/inventory/STDV.xml … done
Merging inventory … done
Checking inventory … done
1 conflict

It seems that at some stage I introduced information about network IT in a way that is not consistent, but I don’t see at what stage I did that, so I am not able to correct it. Can you help?
Cheers,
Joao

Dear Joao,

Is looks like you have to edit your xml files (2864 and STDV) and homogenise the content of ‘description’ and ‘archive’.
The output message you pasted below showed that at the moment they are different:

description: “Joao Fonseca” != “Joao Fonseca, IST”
archive: " " != “IST”

Best regards,
Carlo.

Hi Carlo,
thanks for the insight. I produced the xml files with dlsv2inv, having produced the dataless file with PDCC. Do you think I can be fixed with PDCC, going back to that stage, instead of editing the xml files directly?
A related question: STDV and 2864 are actually the same station (code and S/N) and in the end I will stick to one only, so the conflict will probably disappear. But I can get the data through if I create an xml file named 2864.xml and import it, whereas if I name the file STDV.xml and import it it fails. It is as if the station name 2864 is predefined at some earlier stage. Does this make sense, and where would that be? I would like to adopt STDV for production.
Sorry for the basic questions, I am not very familiar with seiscomp.
Cheers,
Joao

Dear Joao,

Yes, I am quite sure you can fix the entries in PDCC and then convert again.
From your explanation, I speculate that there are already entries in your seiscomp database / inventory for which description and archive are the same as in 2864 - this is possibly what it goes through without complaints.

Best regards,
Carlo.