Dear SeisComP users and everyone interested,
We are again announcing the Advanced Training for SeisComP with a strong focus on local earthquake monitoring.
This Advanced Course is perfect for experienced SeisComP users who wish to advance their SeisComP experience beyond standard application and increase the productivity of SeisComP systems for monitoring of local earthquakes.
We are guaranteeing an intensive hands-on training - a strict limit of a maximum of 8 persons is applied.
The training covers the following topics:
- Introduction to tuning options of the standard SeisComP package with optional release upgrade.
- Pipeline data processing for parallel automatic processing with several monitoring networks.
- Tuning of scautopick, scautoloc for local earthquake monitoring with different pipelines.
- Introduction to the new S-picker plugins with GUI for debugging and tuning.
- Introduction and tuning of scanloc (https://gempa.de/products/scanloc/) for monitoring of local earthquakes.
- Offline and real-time playbacks.
- Data analysis and tuning.
- Further customizations as local velocity models, locator tools, magnitude configuration etc.
- Customizations of maps and map projections.
- Individual system optimization: Participants may bring their own datasets and use it for tuning.
In addition, the participants get an institute-wide license valid for 5 years for
scanloc - cluster search based automatic earthquake detection and location:
- The new S-picker plugin: S-AIC and S-AIC-V:
- The graphical debugger plugin for the S-picker:
- The map plugins of the mapprojections package:
Dates and times:
20.-23. April 2020, 08:30 - 16:00
This will be our only Advanced Training in 2020 - do not miss the chance!
However, we will take the next step and offer a special training in September, 2020, tailored to critical real-time seismic network performance aspects:
gempa offices, Potsdam, Germany: https://gempa.de/contact/
Registration, fees, conditions, etc.
The course is now open for registration. Find all details online: https://www.gempa.de/events/2020/4/20/training-seiscomp/ or contact us by email: email@example.com.
More Basic SeisComP courses are announced for 2020: https://www.gempa.de/events/.
See you in Potsdam!