Advanced Training for experienced SeisComP3 users at gempa in Potsdam, Germany, 18 - 21 March, 2019

We are again announcing the Advanced Training for SeisComP3 at gempa GmbH in Potsdam, Germany from 18 to 21 March, 2019. This Advanced Course is perfect for experienced SeisComP3 users who wish to advance their SeisComP3 experience beyond standard application and increase the productivity of SeisComP3 systems for monitoring of local earthquakes.

Since the training will be held by experienced staff from gempa - the development and service company for SeisComP3 - you can directly learn from the developers!

We are guaranteeing an intensive hands-one training - trainees get to learn and to practice actively at all times. A strict limit of a maximum of 8 persons is applied.

Topics

The training covers the following topics:

• Introduction to tuning options of the standard SeisComP3 package with optional release upgrade.
  • Introduction to scanloc for monitoring of local earthquakes.
  • Introduction to new S-picker algorithm with GUI for debugging and tuning.
  • Offline playbacks.
  • Tuning of scautopick and scautoloc for local earthquake monitoring.
  • Configuration of scanloc.
  • Configuration of new S-phase picker.
  • Data analysis and tuning.
  • Further customizations: local velocity models, locator tools, magnitude configuration etc.
  • Customizations of maps and map projections.
  • Participants may bring their own datasets and use it for individual tuning.

Find the full list of topics online.

In addition the participants get an institute-wide 5 years license for scanloc (cluster search based automatic earthquake detection and localization module) the new S-picker plug-in (S-AIC and S-AIC-V), the S-Picker debugger and the map projections package.

Instructors

Our trainings are conducted by expert teachers experienced in data analysis and software development.

Place

This course will be held at gempa offices in Potsdam, Germany.

Course fee

The course fee is explained on our course website. It is equal for research institutes and companies.

Registration

Now open for your registration using our course website.

Read our course website for the official announcement, more information on the training and related travel services.

Unable to attend this time?

If you cannot participate this time, you may consider one of our upcoming trainings, e.g. in September 2019.

See you in Potsdam,

Dirk

Dear Dirck

First of all : Best wishes for the new year 2019.

Thank you for your mail. I am very interrested to attend this training especially in “Advanced Training for SeisComP3” course.

I am asking your help if I can attempt this course from 11 to 14 march or in septembre session. The institute (INM) can provide the air tickets and 10 to 20 euros per day and that’s all.

I ask you directly if it is possible to get help from GFZ or GEMPA to cover my participation to this advanced course?.

If it is possible it will be great !!!

If not it is also great.!!

Your prompt is highly appreciated.

Best regards.

ATTAFI Khereddine

INM - Tunisia

Dear Attafi,

great to hear from you again. I will reply to your request in a direct email.

Regards,
Dirk

Great

Thank you Dirk

Best regards