Dear SeisComP community,
Our next very popular Beginner Training for SeisComP will for the very first time introduce SeisComP in the new version 5 with lots of new features!
Location: gempa offices, Potsdam, Germany
Dates: 4 - 7 October, 2022
This Beginner Course is perfect for new SeisComP users who wish to get quickly started with a productive SeisComP system. You may register now.
In this training you will learn operating SeisComP from us - the main developers of this wide-spread OpenSource software package for real-time earthquake monitoring.
Training topics include:
- Introduction to characteristics of SeisComP.
- Setup of a full SeisComP system from scratch, installation of the latest SeisComP release and future updates.
- Generation of station information including responses.
- Setup of the data acquisition, storage and distribution using SeedLink and FDSNWS.
- Configuration of the automatic and interactive data processing modules through the graphical user interface and by command-line tools.
- In-depth introduction and application of graphical user interfaces for data analysis.
- Data management utilities.
- Tuning of SeisComP for local, regional and global earthquake monitoring including waveform processing, automatic phase pickers, event locators and associator.
- Application and tuning of magnitudes.
- Hands-on training with focus on application of interactive data analysis, real-time playbacks, off-line playbacks and hands-on tuning.
- Customization of graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
The training is highly hands-on oriented and very intensive. You get to learn and to practice actively at all times. Therefore, the registration to the training is open to everyone but limited to a maximum of 8 persons.
See you soon in Potsdam!
Dirk Roessler and the team of gempa