Dear SeisComP community and everyone interested,
We are again announcing our Advanced Training for SeisComP with a strong focus on local earthquake monitoring. This time the training will take place online.
This Advanced Course is perfect for experienced SeisComP users who wish to advance their SeisComP experience beyond standard application and increase the productivity of SeisComP systems for monitoring of local earthquakes.
We are guaranteeing an intensive hands-on training despite the online character of the training.
The training covers the following topics:
- Introduction to tuning options of the standard SeisComP package with optional release upgrade.
- Pipeline data processing for parallel automatic processing with several monitoring networks.
- Tuning of scautopick, scautoloc for local earthquake monitoring with different pipelines.
- Introduction to the new S-picker plugins with GUI for debugging and tuning.
- Introduction and tuning of scanloc (https://gempa.de/products/scanloc/ ) for monitoring of local earthquakes.
- Offline and real-time playbacks.
- Data analysis and tuning.
- Further customizations as local velocity models, locator tools, magnitude configuration etc.
- Customizations of maps and map projections .
- Individual system optimization: Participants may bring their own datasets and use it for tuning.
In addition, the participants get an institute-wide license valid for 5 years for
scanloc - cluster search based automatic earthquake detection and location:
- The new S-picker plugin : S-AIC and S-AIC-V:
- The graphical debugger plugin for the S-picker:
- The map plugins of the mapprojections package :
ONLINE Training - Adaptation to the Covid-19 situation
As travelling may be restricted during the course period and your health is of highest priority to us, this training will be held as an online training with a virtual classroom. Following tutorials on a monitor for a long time is very exhaustive. We therefore reduce the daily amount of hours to 4 including short breaks.
Dates and times:
08.-17. September 2020, 09:00 - 13:00 CEST (times will adjusted allowing participation from different time zones)
Online, we train you from our office in Potsdam, Germany, wherever you are.
Registration, fees, conditions, etc.
More Basic SeisComP courses will be announced for 2021: https://www.gempa.de/events/ .
See you soon online all around the world!