Dear SeisComP users and everyone interested,
We are again announcing our highly popular Basic Training for OpenSource SeisComP - the popular software for automatic and interactive earthquake analysis in real time. This Beginner Course is perfect for new SeisComP users who wish to get quickly started with a productive SeisComP system.
This will be our first regular training introducing SeisComP in version 5 to the community.
We are guaranteeing an intensive hands-on training despite the online character. Participants may bring their own datasets for training.
This is a promotional training: We extend the training by one extra day and provide a life-time license for QuakeLink (https://www.gempa.de/products/quakelink/ ) with updates for two years free of any extra charge.
The training covers the following topics:
- Installation and optimization of the latest SeisComP package from scratch
- Acquisition, archiving and distribution of real-time and archived data including FDSNWS
- Automatic data processing in real-time
- Interactive analysis using the Graphical User Interfaces and commandline utilities
- Tuning and module customization
- GUI customization
- QuakeLink for secure real-time backup and redundancy of event parameters on parallel SeisComP systemsOptional:Generation of station meta data including responses of sensors and data loggers from scratch using gempa’s SMP.
Find the full list of topics online: https://www.gempa.de/events/2021/3/15/training/.
ONLINE Training - Adaptation to the Covid-19 situation
As travelling may be restricted during the course period and your health is of highest priority to us, this training will be held as an online training with a virtual classroom. Following tutorials on a monitor for a long time is very exhaustive. We therefore reduce the daily amount of hours to 4 including short breaks.
Dates and times
- – 26. March 2021, 08:30 - 12:30 CEST (times will adjusted allowing participation from different time zones)
Online: We train you from our office in Potsdam, Germany, wherever you are.
Registration, fees, conditions, etc.
Cannot attend this time? More SeisComP courses are announced online: https://www.gempa.de/events/ .
See you online and all around the world!