SeisComP 5.0.0

thank you very much, i will check again…

Furthermore I see that channel BHZ of station IA.YOGI has location code 00. Please take that into account and assign correct bindings with detecLocid = 00.

i am try to select one station with IA.YOGI on scrttv code, and i am already with global binding param with detecLocid = 00, but i am still with same issue, are sc5 need a license?

many thanks for your response mr.jabe

I guess your inventory misses channel information. Best add inventory at response level along with all network, station, sensor location and channel information.

Have you checked that? What is the output? Does it contain BHZ channel for e.g. IA.YOGI?

solved,

after i am investigated the problem is inventory missed channel information. thanks for Mr dirk and jabe for your help.

**i am try change from BHZ to SHZ

Hello guys,
I am new in seiscomp and have seiscomp 4.9 running on a machine well but I want to upgrade it to version 5. Question is if I upgrade the current seiscomp4.9 to seiscomp5 would there be any conflict/problem occur? like database (currently using influxdb demo mode and postgresql), not acquiring data and etc. Probably, i dont wanna break the current working version but wanna improve it with this well working condition. I would appreciate for ur replies.

Major version upgrades e.g. 4.* → 5.* require a bit of attention, but nothing difficult. You always have to make sure to read the release notes Releases · SeisComP/seiscomp · GitHub where every non-backward compatible change is reported.

If you upgrade now, you will end up with version 5.3 so make sure to read the release notes for versions 5.0 5.1 5.2 and 5.3. However minor version changes e.g. 5.1 → 5.2 never break compatibility.

In practical terms, when upgrading major version of SeisComP only 2 things have to be done:

• often the database schema is updated, so you simply have to update the database with the script provided by the new version of Seiscomp (in seiscomp/share/db/migrations/)
  • in rare cases the module configuration is changed, so make sure to convert the old parameter names with the new ones (e.g. in version 5 the magnitudes configuration has changed )
1 Like

by the way, I believe there is a version 5.4 coming soon. It might be worth waiting for that to be released before doing the upgrade.

1 Like

Thank you very much for quick reply and it is great hearing that next version is upcoming. Worth to wait for it :slight_smile:

Upgrade procedures including database are described in the online tutorials [1]. Database upgrades are required when upgrading the major version number, e.g., from 4.x.x to 5.x.x. Obsolete or deprecated parameters are reported in the changelog [2].

[1] Upgrading SeisComP — SeisComP Release documentation
[2] Change Log — SeisComP Release documentation

1 Like